Sunday, August 25, 2013

Let The Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist

I love vampire stories - both books and movies, and I was really excited when a friend suggested this one :>)  There is a movie version that I plan to watch after I finish the book :>)

The author grabs your interest immediately - I was tearing up before I had finished the first chapter !!

I haven't finished it yet, but so far, the plot is a middle-aged man who kills people and drains them of of their blood for the child-vampire that he takes care of...

There is some sexual innuendo - nothing explicit, but disturbing, nonetheless - which can be quickly skipped over...

There is also the character of  a teen boy who has a life that just makes you cry - and the child-vampire moves in next door to him...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment