My sister, Lidia, and I decided to read this book and do the activities, as a 12-week "class" this summer :>)
At the beginning I religiously did every task assigned, and kept my notebooks - but now I find that I am weary of it, and so am just doing what pertains to me...
Lidia & I still discuss every chapter, and I do think it has helped us "jumpstart" our creativity to some extent...
My biggest problem with the book, I believe, is that it is really intended for "blocked" artists of all kinds, and the book is filled with "success" stories of artists who have overcome their block via Julia Cameron and her books !!
However, I am not a blocked artist, and feel that all the success-story fluff is boring !!!
I like the creativity tasks, but again, feel like there are too many of them !!
So, I would recommend it for someone who IS a blocked artist, or who just desires to be more creative, in any medium :>)
No comments:
Post a Comment