Wednesday, August 7, 2013

All about me!

I wouldn't consider myself to be an avid reader, but I'm hoping to change that.

My genres of choice would be:

- sci-fi
- fantasy
- detective
- historical fiction/non-fiction

I'm currently reading, 'Nuclear Jellyfish' by Tim Dorsey. Just started a couple nights ago, but at 27 pages in my first impressions would be that it's not typically what I'm used to reading. It's a humerus crime novel about a guy that starts his own internet travel blog for would-be Florida tourists. It's pretty R-rated at times, but the writer was perfect comedic timing. Can't recommend it just yet, but the writing style does make it an easy page turner.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting !!! I'm trying to broaden my reading tastes, and honestly, I would prefer an R-rated section - which I can just skip over - to the mushy & unrealistic scenes I've read in some book !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about the book. I read some more last night and I'm really on the fence at this point.

    ReplyDelete